Happy Thanksgiving Week to Our Readers in the U.S.!
Thanksgiving week is a time for travel, family, and fun for our American friends. In Canada, it elicits a different response, often accompanied by confusion over mid-week football games. But no matter where you are, if your team isn’t in a playoff spot, things might start to look dire. The consensus is that if a team is out of playoff contention by U.S. Thanksgiving, their chances of making the playoffs are slim at best.
Take this moment to focus on the teams that may be heading for trouble. Let’s roll the dice and predict who might defy the odds and stage a comeback. Here are my top five teams with the best shot at shaking the Thanksgiving curse:
- Buffalo Sabres – Despite the odds, I’m rooting for them. They may need a miracle, but I wouldn’t count them out just yet.
- Minnesota Wild – With the talent they possess, a turnaround could be on the horizon.
- Ottawa Senators – Their recent wins in Sweden have bolstered their spirits and improved their position in the league.
- Edmonton Oilers – Though they face an uphill battle, I still believe they have a chance to turn things around.
- New Jersey Devils – Despite being three points out of a playoff spot, I have a hunch that they might just clinch it, and I’m sticking to that.
The Road to the Cup
Now let’s focus on the teams most likely to take home the Stanley Cup:
- New York Rangers – With an impressive record over the past few weeks, they are looking like serious contenders.
- Colorado Avalanche – Their recent performances have solidified their position as a force to be reckoned with.
- Boston Bruins – An unexpected surge in form has put them in the spotlight.
- Dallas Stars – Despite a recent loss, they remain in a strong position.
- Vegas Golden Knights – Though facing recent setbacks, they continue to hold their own.
Teams to Watch
In Washington, the Capitals are turning heads with their unexpected performance. Despite a struggling offense, they continue to gather points and may surprise everyone if they find their goal-scoring form. It’s an intriguing situation and one to keep an eye on.
The Bottom Five
Finally, let’s not forget about the teams that are struggling at the bottom of the pack. The Nashville Predators, along with a few others, might be eyeing the draft lottery as a potential lifeline. It’s a tough road for these teams, but anything can happen in hockey.
Sarah Anderson dives into the fast-paced world of NHL hockey. Her coverage includes game analysis, player spotlights, and the latest news from the ice. Sarah’s dedication to the sport ensures that hockey enthusiasts stay informed about the NHL’s thrilling action.