The Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) makes its fifth appearance in Austin, Texas with UFC on ESPN 52. The event will be held at Moody Center with the main card airing on ESPN and prelims on ESPN+. The main event features a match between elite lightweights Beneil Dariush and Arman Tsarukyan, which promises to impact the divisional rankings.
Here are some interesting pre-event facts about UFC on ESPN 52:
– Tied for third-most victories in UFC lightweight competition
– One of only 10 fighters in UFC history to earn a knockout from a spinning backfist
– 7-1 in his past eight UFC appearances
– Landed 1,644 significant strikes in UFC lightweight competition, the most in divisional history
– Sixth knockout victories in UFC bantamweight competition, tied for second-most in divisional history
– 10 victories in the UFC bantamweight division, sixth-most in divisional history
– 271 significant strikes landed at UFC on ESPN 35, the single-fight record for a UFC bantamweight bout
– Moves up to the UFC bantamweight division after 14 octagon appearances at flyweight
– One of five flyweight champions in UFC history, with 10 victories in UFC flyweight competition, tied for third-most in divisional history
– Returns after a 406-day layoff, the longest of his nine-year career
– Returns to the welterweight division for the first time since July 2016
– Competes in his 36th UFC bout, the fourth-most appearances in divisional history
– Returns to the women’s bantamweight division after an unsuccessful stint at flyweight
– Absorbs just 1.59 significant strikes per minute in UFC lightweight competition
– Two fight-night bonuses for UFC women’s flyweight bouts, tied for second-most in divisional history
For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie’s event hub for UFC on ESPN 52. UFC research analyst and live statistics producer Michael Carroll contributed to this story. Follow him on Twitter @MJCflipdascript.
Sarah Foster is your guide to the world of Mixed Martial Arts. With a deep understanding of MMA’s intricacies and a passion for the sport, she offers comprehensive coverage of MMA events, fighter profiles, and in-depth analysis of fights. Sarah’s commitment to the octagon ensures that readers stay engaged with the latest developments in the MMA world.