Iowa Hawkeyes Showcase Strength of Season in Facing Creighton
The Iowa Hawkeyes (2-0) are off to a strong start this season, with impressive performances from players like junior forward Payton Sandfort and redshirt senior forward Patrick McCaffery. Iowa won convincingly against North Dakota (110-68) and Alabama State (98-67) recently.
Sandfort scored 21 and 17 points against the Fighting Hawks, while McCaffery scored 11 and 22. Additionally, graduate forward Ben Krikke, senior guard Tony Perkins, and freshman forward Owen Freeman are all averaging double-figure scores in the season’s early contests.
Next, Iowa heads to Omaha, Nebraska, to face No. 7 Creighton. Creighton has started the season with two wins, beating Florida A&M (105-54) and North Dakota State (89-60). This match presents an opportunity for the Hawkeyes to prove their national competitiveness.
Fans can watch, stream, and listen to the game at Creighton according to the details below:
How To Watch
FS1: Kevin Kugler, play-by-play; Nick Bahe, color analyst
Hawkeye Radio Network: Gary Dolphin, play-by-play; Bob Hansen, color analyst
Probable Iowa Starters
– So., Dasonte Bowen: 7.0 points, 5.0 assists, 2.5 rebounds, 1.0 steals per game, 41.7% FG
– Sr., Tony Perkins: 11.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.5 assists, 1.0 steals per game, 36.8% FG
– Jr., Payton Sandfort: 19.0 points, 10.5 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.0 steals per game, 46.2% FG, 41.2% 3-point FG
– RS Sr., Patrick McCaffery: 16.5 points, 4.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists per game, 56.3% FG, 37.5% 3-point FG
– Gr., Ben Krikke: 15.5 points, 6.0 rebounds, 1.5 assists, 1.5 steals per game, 56.5% FG
Probable Creighton Starters
– Sr., Steven Ashworth: 12.0 points, 4.0 assists, 3.5 rebounds per game, 64.3% FG, 60.0% 3-point FG
– Sr., Ryan Kalkbrenner: 11.0 points, 3.5 rebounds, 2.0 assists per game, 76.9% FG, 33.3% 3-point FG
– Soph., Mason Miller: 8.0 points, 5.0 rebounds per game, 50.0% FG, 50.0% 3-point FG
– Jr., Trey Alexander: 20.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.5 assists, 3.0 steals per game, 71.4% FG, 33.3% 3-point FG
– Sr., Baylor Scheierman: 16.0 points, 5.5 rebounds, 4.0 assists, 55.0% FG, 46.2% 3-point FG
Iowa leads the all-time series between these two teams with 14 wins to Creighton’s 11. However, Creighton won the last meeting in 2011 with a score of 82-59.
Let’s see how this match unfolds in the context of this incredible basketball season!
Laura Davis covers the world of basketball with precision. Her articles explore NBA and college basketball, offering game analysis, player profiles, and highlights. Laura’s passion for hoops is evident in her comprehensive basketball coverage.