• Add Roschon Johnson and D’Onta Foreman:
With Khalil Herbert expected to miss several weeks at running back, Roschon Johnson has an opportunity to prove himself as the season-long starter.
• See which players were recently dropped:
Take note of the players who were dropped due to bye weeks or injuries. They may be valuable options to consider over new additions.
• Keep an eye on the injury news:
Stay updated on the injuries to quarterbacks, running backs, and wide receivers. The severity of these injuries will greatly impact the quality of potential waiver targets.
Estimated Reading Time: 25 minutes
Week 5 of the 2023 NFL season is coming to a close. Discover the players you should target in your fantasy football leagues, including those in smaller and deeper leagues, as well as players to avoid.
Jump to a position group:
Matthew Stafford, Los Angeles Rams (Rostered in 33.9% of leagues on ESPN)
In his game against the Philadelphia Eagles, Stafford completed 21 of his 37 passes for 222 yards and two touchdowns.
- These numbers were boosted by the return of Cooper Kupp, who led the team with eight receptions for 118 yards.
- Stafford is currently second in dropbacks among quarterbacks this season, with 225.
- He has thrown for 1,457 yards so far, ranking fourth overall. However, his low touchdown total of five is his main drawback. With Kupp back in the mix, that number is expected to increase.
- Next week, the Rams will face the Arizona Cardinals, making Stafford an attractive streaming option at quarterback.
ohn Smith is your NFL insider, providing in-depth coverage of football’s biggest league. With a passion for the game and a keen eye for statistics, John delivers game analysis, player profiles, and breaking news to keep readers updated on all things NFL.