The Complete Guide to Embed RSS Feed on Website
Your target audience is always looking for fresh information and content online. But now, the online world is flooded with so much content that it is difficult for users to get current, relevant, and authentic information at the earliest. Your brand can solve this problem for them by embedding RSS feeds to your website and showing them fresh content.
Now the question that comes is, how you can add the RSS feed to your website. Don’t worry it is not as tricky as it seems, and we have created this short guide to help you understand the complete process.
Let’s start from the beginning by understanding what the RSS feed is.
What is an RSS feed?
RSS means ‘Really Simple Syndication,’ and an RSS feed is a file that contains the latest updated information of the website.
You can embed RSS feeds on your website. Embedding the RSS feed will help increase the engagement rate, as it reduces bounce rate and increases the dwell time of the visitor. It also makes your website presentable.
Steps to Embed the RSS feed to Website
Before we start, you need to find which RSS feed you want to embed on your website. You can get the XML links or search on Google for RSS links.
Now you can add the RSS feed to your website using a social media aggregator tool. After selecting the tool, follow the below-given steps to embed the RSS feed to your website.
- First, log in to your Taggbox account; create one if you are a first-time user.
- Now, create your feed widget and add social feeds.
- From the popup window, you have to pick up the source of aggregating feeds. Select the RSS option.
- Now, a ‘Create RSS feed’ dialog box will appear. You have to enter details such as ‘Display Name’ and ‘Feed URL.’
- After entering the details proceed further by clicking the Create Feed button.
- Once the feed is created, you can use the moderation features to customize the RSS feed presentation.
- Now click ‘Publish.’
- The tool will ask you to select your website platform from the pop-up. Select the ‘Other’ option if your website platform is not listed.
- Then, you get the option to set the size of your RSS feed widget for your website. You can change the dimensions as per your requirement or let it be the default size.
- Click on the ‘Get Code’ button, and a code will be generated for you.
- Copy the code to the clipboard.
- Open your website developing site and paste the code. Then save the changes, and the RSS feed will be embedded to your website.
Tools to Embed the RSS Feed to your Website
Some of the best RSS widget tools you can use to embed the RSS feed to your website are:
The most favorite tool of the users for embedding RSS feeds to websites is Taggbox. It helps users collect content from various platforms. You can use it to embed the RSS feed on your website.
Taggbox offers many customizations features that are usually not available on other tools. You can make use of these features to beautify your RSS feed presentation. You can filter and remove any unwanted content from the feed.
Next on the list is the RSSImport. It is a very easy-to-use tool for embedding the RSS feed to the website. You can make it functional as a shortcode, widget, or PHP feature. Embedding the RSS feed is very simple with RSSImport. In a few steps, you can complete the process. The tool is also very lightweight.
3. WordPress RSS Aggregator
If you have a WordPress website, then you can use the WordPress RSS Aggregator tool. It is specifically designed for WordPress websites. The best thing about this tool is that you don’t need to know coding or other technicalities to use it.
The WordPress RSS Aggregator tool helps import, view, and combine RSS feeds seamlessly. The imported RSS feed content can even be converted into WordPress blogs and saved in archives easily.
Finally, last but not least is Feedzy. It is an effective tool to embed the RSS feed on your website. Feedzy offers three themes. You can even divide the RSS feeds into related categories.
In the unpaid version of this tool, you have to do things manually. But with the premium version, you can automate most of the tasks. You can easily filter the content you want to display with the keywords filter. The premium version of Feedzy helps you avoid duplicate content.
Now that you have reached the end of this blog post, we hope you are ready to embed the RSS feed on your website. Implement the steps we have shared above for seamless integration.
Use one of the tools above to embed the RSS feed on your website. If you are confused between the tool options, try out each of them. See which one offers the most features with easy integration.
Make your website presentable and engaging with the RSS feed.