Opponents Islam Makhachev of Russia and Alexander Volkanovski of Australia will go head-to-head at the UFC 294 ceremonial weigh-in in Abu Dhabi on October 20, 2023. The highly-anticipated rematch between the lightweight and featherweight champions is set to bring fireworks to the octagon after their closely contested Fight of the Year candidate earlier this year. In their previous encounter at UFC 284, Makhachev emerged victorious with a unanimous decision, defending his lightweight title.
Volkanovski now has a chance at redemption and the opportunity to become a two-division champion, as Charles Oliveira, Makhachev’s original opponent, had to withdraw due to a training injury. Despite the short notice, Volkanovski accepted the fight, driven by the desire to have his “picture hanging on people’s walls” in the future.
In the co-main event, former welterweight champion Kamaru Usman stepped in to face the undefeated Khamzat Chimaev at 180 pounds as a replacement for Paolo Costa, who was unable to compete due to a staph infection. This will mark Usman’s middleweight debut, taking the fight on just 10 days’ notice.
Stay tuned to Yahoo Sports for live updates and coverage of the stacked card at UFC 294. To stream the event without cable, use TNT Sports and take advantage of ExpressVPN to save on pay-per-view fees.
– Date: Saturday, Oct. 21, 2023
– Prelims time: 10 a.m. ET
– Main card time: 2 p.m. ET
– Location: Etihad Arena, Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
– TV: PPV
– Streaming: ESPN+ PPV
For ESPN+ subscribers, UFC 294 is available to purchase through ESPN+ for $80. New users can save 30% by bundling the event with an annual subscription, which brings the total cost to $124.98. ESPN+ subscribers can also stream the UFC 294 prelims at no additional cost. An ESPN+ subscription starts at $10 per month and provides access to exclusive ESPN+ content, including all UFC PPV prelims, live events, fantasy sports tools, and premium articles.
If you’re in the US and wish to watch UFC 294 without ESPN+ or pay for the pay-per-view event, ExpressVPN offers an affordable alternative. By using a VPN, you can access a livestream of the fight at a reduced cost. In the UK, TNT Sports broadcasts many UFC events live without the need to purchase the PPV. Pairing a VPN with a contract-free subscription to BT TV, which includes TNT Sports, can significantly lower your expenses. ExpressVPN’s top-rated service offers added protection, fast speeds, and multiple location options. New users can save 35% and receive an extra three months free with a 12-month subscription. Plus, ExpressVPN provides a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Here are the results and odds (subject to change) for UFC 294:
Main card (Start time 2 p.m. ET, ESPN+ PPV)
– Lightweight championship: Islam Makhachev (C) (-275) vs. Alexander Volkanovski (+225)
– Middleweight: Khamzat Chimaev (-320) vs. Kamaru Usman (+250)
– Light heavyweight: Magomed Ankalaev (-360) vs. Johnny Walker (+280)
– Middleweight: Warlley Alves (+450) vs. Ikram Aliskerov (-650)
– Bantamweight: Said Nurmagomedov (-225) vs. Muin Gafurov (+185)
Prelims (Currently live on ESPN+)
– Flyweight: Tim Elliott (+340) vs. Muhammad Mokaev (-450)
– Lightweight: Mohammad Yahya (+135) vs. Trevor Peek (-165)
– Bantamweight: Javid Basharat (-600) vs. Victor Henry (+425)
– Middleweight: Abu Azaitar (+185) vs. Sedriques Dumas (-225)
– Lightweight: Mike Breeden (+225) vs. Anshul Jubli (-275)
– Featherweight: Nathanial Wood (-350) vs. Muhammad Naimov (+275)
– Women’s strawweight: Viktoriia Dudakova (-550) vs. Jinh Yu Frey (+400)
– Middleweight: Shara Magomedov (-250) vs. Bruno Silva (+200)
To stream UFC 294 through TNT Sports and save on pay-per-view fees, use ExpressVPN for a seamless streaming experience. Rest assured that our recommendations are based on trust, as we may earn a commission from links on this page. However, prices and availability are subject to change.
Sarah Foster is your guide to the world of Mixed Martial Arts. With a deep understanding of MMA’s intricacies and a passion for the sport, she offers comprehensive coverage of MMA events, fighter profiles, and in-depth analysis of fights. Sarah’s commitment to the octagon ensures that readers stay engaged with the latest developments in the MMA world.