Impressions and Takeaways
- Amid a post-substitution collapse in the second half, Bayern Munich managed to net two goals securing a victory against Heidenheim, although it demanded more effort than expected. Critics may rebuke Thomas Tuchel for upsetting the team’s balance with his substitutions, but the conceded goals were primarily due to individual errors.
- Harry Kane fell short of a hat trick in what could be considered a disappointing game for him. There were no assists either. However, he continues to edge closer to Lewandowski’s record with every match.
- Leroy Sane displayed extremely poor finishing despite providing assists. He squandered numerous chances created by Kane and Thomas Müller, possibly due to mounting fatigue. It is hoped that Nagelsmann will afford him some rest during the international break.
- Aleksandr Pavlović showcased a brilliant performance in the #6 role, indicating that he could be a vital midfield option going forward.
- Bouna Sarr performed admirably at left-back, significantly enhancing the depth of the squad with his addition to the rotation.
Result: Bayern Munich 4-2 Heidenheim.
85’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Choupo-Moting scores, making it 4-2!
72’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Guerreiro nets a goal, bringing the score to 3-2!
69’ — Goal. A surprising turn of events as it becomes 2-2.
67’ — Goal. Heidenheim narrows the lead to 2-1, an unexpected twist.
60’ — Substitutions: Muller, Upamecano, and Gnabry exit for Guerreiro, Tel, and Choupo-Moting.
45’ — The second half gets underway!
Halftime: Bayern Munich 2-0 Heidenheim.
43’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Harry Kane extends the lead to 2-0!
13’ — GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL! Harry Kane opens the scoring with a goal!
Kickoff: We’re underway!
One hour until kickoff: We have lineups! Thomas Tuchel has opted for significant rotation today, with Aleksander Pavlović, Thomas Müller, Serge Gnabry, and Bouna Sarr all in the starting lineup for Bayern Munich. Kingsley Coman and Alphonso Davies are on the bench, and Leon Goretzka is out due to muscular issues. This presents an opportunity for Heidenheim, if they can seize it.
That’s quite a lot of changes. It’s Bayern time.
With Bayer Leverkusen maintaining an unbeaten record and sitting at the top of the league table, Bayern Munich must continue to secure wins. While facing a newly promoted team at the Allianz Arena in normal circumstances would be routine for the record champions, Thomas Tuchel faces numerous challenges.
Joshua Kimmich is suspended, Jamal Musiala and Matthijs de Ligt are injured, and half of his squad is either tired or not fully fit. Despite Harry Kane’s prolific scoring, the team will have to unite to secure a positive outcome in this match.
It’s Bayern time.
While waiting for the game, why not check out the latest edition of our Weekend Warm-up podcast? Listen to it below or on Spotify.
Location: Allianz Arena, Munich, Germany
Time: 3:30 pm local time, 9:30 am EST
Tips for commenting:
- If you’re a new member, feel free to introduce yourself! We’re
mostlyvery friendly! We have members from around the world, so don’t hesitate if your country isn’t represented on the blog.
- If the comments section slows down, hit the refresh button and keep commenting. It’s not necessary to have all the comments loaded at once while casually following along.
- Keep the sorting to “newest” to easily follow the conversation. It displays the newest comments at the top.
- Here at BFW, we celebrate every goal just like at the stadium: with a chant. Everyone is encouraged to participate in the goal chants, regardless of how far behind they are. Even if you missed the first call, start from the second, and so on.
- While swearing is allowed within reason, please be polite to your fellow posters and avoid excessive obscenities. Racist, homophobic, and misogynistic language is strictly prohibited.
Check out our beginner’s thread if you have more questions. Auf geht’s!
Looking for an endless supply of Bayern Munich content? Sign up for an SBNation account and join the conversation on Bavarian Football Works. Whether it’s full match coverage, podcasts, breaking news, or something completely different, we have it all.
Olivia Wilson is a trendsetter in the world of digital culture. With an eagle eye for emerging trends and viral phenomena, she keeps readers up-to-date with the latest online sensations, memes, and pop culture trends. Olivia’s passion for staying ahead of the curve is infectious.