UFC Fight Night 232: Amanda Ribas Takes Down Luana Pinheiro in Strawweight Class Showdown
Amanda Ribas made a triumphant return to the strawweight division and secured a victorious win by putting an end to her former housemate’s winning streak at UFC Fight Night 232.
Ribas (12-4 MMA, 7-3 UFC) and Luana Pinheiro (11-2 MMA, 3-1 UFC) shared living quarters for several years before taking separate paths and ultimately crossing each other in the octagon on the main card of UFC Fight Night 232 at the UFC Apex in Las Vegas. Their bout showcased intense footwork, culminating with Ribas sealing the victory with a third-round stoppage at 3:53.
Pinheiro took charge early in the contest with an onslaught of offensive moves, leaving Ribas visibly injured after the first round. However, Ribas regrouped and seized momentum by adjusting her strategy midway through the match. Despite the back-and-forth action, it was Ribas who gained the upper hand by landing a beautiful wheel kick, marking the beginning of the end for Pinheiro. Ribas intensified her attack, eventually prompting the referee to halt the fight.
In her post-fight interview, an exuberant Ribas declared, “Strawweight division, I’m back, and you need to respect me,” followed by infectious laughter. With her back-and-forth performances across the flyweight and strawweight divisions, Ribas seems prepared to reignite her career in the 115-pound category.
The latest results from UFC Fight Night 232 include:
– Amanda Ribas def. Luana Pinheiro via TKO (punches) – Round 3, 3:53
– Myktybek Orolbai def. Uros Medic via submission (neck crank) – Round 2, 4:12
– Joanderson Brito def. Jonathan Pearce via submission (ninja choke) – Round 2, 3:54
– Jose Johnson def. Chad Anheliger via submission (rear-naked choke) – Round 3, 4:49
– Christian Duncan def. Denis Tiuliulin via TKO (punches) – Round 2, 4:24
– Jeka Saragih def. Lucas Alexander via KO (punches) – Round 1, 1:31
– Ailin Perez def. Lucie Pudilova via unanimous decision (29-27, 29-28, 29-28)
– Trey Ogden vs. Nikolas Motta ends in a no contest (referee error) – Round 3, 3:11
– Rafael Estevam def. Charles Johnson via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
For more on the card, visit MMA Junkie’s event hub for UFC Fight Night 232.
Sarah Foster is your guide to the world of Mixed Martial Arts. With a deep understanding of MMA’s intricacies and a passion for the sport, she offers comprehensive coverage of MMA events, fighter profiles, and in-depth analysis of fights. Sarah’s commitment to the octagon ensures that readers stay engaged with the latest developments in the MMA world.