2023 Gold Glove Awards finalists

The finalists for the 2023 Rawlings Gold Glove Awards were revealed on Wednesday afternoon, generating excitement among baseball fans. The winners of these prestigious awards will be announced on ESPN’s “Baseball Tonight” on Sunday, November 5 at 7:30 p.m. ET.
Each position in each league has three finalists, including the newly added utility spot, which was introduced last year in 2022. The winners are determined through a voting process. The 30 MLB managers and up to six coaches from each team vote for players in their respective leagues, excluding players from their own team. These votes make up 75% of the selection process, while the remaining 25% is based on the SABR Defensive Index.
The utility position differs from the traditional selection process as Rawlings partnered with SABR to create a specialized defensive formula. This collaboration adds a unique element to the award selection.
Let’s take a look at the finalists for the 2023 Gold Glove Awards:

First Base

Anthony Rizzo, Yankees
Brandon Lowe, Orioles
Ryan Mountcastle, Orioles

Second Base

Amed Rosario, Indians
Ariel Giménez, Royals
Bo Bichette, Blue Jays

Third Base

Matt Chapman, Athletics
Alex Bregman, Astros
José Ramírez, Indians


Andrés Giménez, Indians
Carlos Correa, Astros
Corey Seager, Rangers

Left Field

Jake Bauers, Mariners
Randal Grichuk, Blue Jays
Lourdes Gurriel Jr., Blue Jays

Center Field

Kevin Kiermaier, Rays
Luis Robert, White Sox
Julio Rodríguez, Mariners

Right Field

Kyle Tucker, Astros
Alex Verdugo, Red Sox
Adolis García, Rangers


Adley Rutschman, Orioles
Jon Heim, Athletics
Alejandro Kirk, Blue Jays


Jose Berrios, Twins
Sonny Gray, Twins
Reynaldo López, Twins


Mauricio Dubón, Astros
Zach McKinstry, Tigers
Taylor Walls, Rays

First Base (NL)

Christian Walker, Diamondbacks
Domingo Santana, Rockies
Freddie Freeman, Braves

Second Base (NL)

Logan Stott, Phillies
Nico Hoerner, Cubs
Ha-seong Kim, Padres

Third Base (NL)

Ke’Bryan Hayes, Pirates
Ryan McMahon, Rockies
Austin Riley, Braves

Shortstop (NL)

Dansby Swanson, Cubs
José Tovar, Rockies
Francisco Lindor, Mets

Left Field (NL)

Ian Happ, Pirates
David Peralta, Diamondbacks
Eddie Rosario, Braves

Center Field (NL)

Fernando Tatis Jr., Padres
Michael Conforto, Mets
Cody Bellinger, Dodgers

Right Field (NL)

Mookie Betts, Dodgers
Nolan Jones, Rockies
Akil Baddoo, Pirates

Catcher (NL)

J.T. Realmuto, Phillies
Willson Contreras, Mets
Joey Bart, Giants

Pitcher (NL)

Aaron Nola, Phillies
Walker Buehler, Dodgers
Kevin Gausman, Giants

Utility (NL)

Dylan Moore, Mariners
Joe Panik, Blue Jays
Ildemaro Vargas, Blue Jays
The competition is intense in each category, with established veterans vying for their first Gold Glove Awards and promising rookies hoping to make their mark. The ceremony on November 5 will be eagerly anticipated by fans and players alike as the winners are revealed.


Denial of responsibility! Being Sportsfan is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.
DMCA compliant image

Leave a Comment